Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sea and Cake - Good enough for cruise ships and probably for your parents

I'm just waking up from my night after going to see the Sea and Cake at Lee's Palace, and seeing them live confirmed that they did indeed sound like rocking cruise ship music. Unfortunately, I was still a little embarrassed and self-conscious about my new crappy camera and I didn't bring him out last night, but I'll post this vid up here instead.

An aside: Is it just me, or does the singer kind of look like Sting, the guitarist looks like his favourite concoctions include vinegar and baking soda, and the drummer? Well, he looks so damn happy that he gets to drum. Man, they rock.

I wish I had brought my camera out last night, but if you're looking for something to give to your parents this upcoming Christmas, I'd recommend the Sea and Cake to transport them to visions of shuttle board, cabana boys, and seagulls.


designed by Ryan Noble, Kangaroo Press;
photo from Layout Workbook, Kristin Cullen, p183

No comments: