Wednesday, November 12, 2008

first post - lam + kam kam!

Finally got my replacement camera today! My last camera busted out on me back in April and was totally unreliable and deadweight during my HK, China, and Thailand adventures over the summer (don't even get me started on how much of a deadweight my Thinkpad became when it copped out on me one week into my travels). Unfortunately, Fuji Film decided that it was more economical to get me to pay for a recert. camera than to fix the one I sent for repair. Unfortunately again, the model that they sent me - although supposedly the next model up from mine, is very plastic-y and feels like it could break any minute.

One of my theories is that when Fuji was working on the J10 (the one they sent to replace my last Finepix 460), they accidentally sent phase one CAD files to manufacturing - hence the shoddy finished and fitting plastic parts. My second theory is that they got cheap and figured that glamour shots for marketing are taken from the front, and thus that is where the only quality piece of brushed metal is located.......oh well, good job Fuji for at least "attempting" to fix my last one.


In any case, I'm pretty excited that I at least have a camera now. To break it out, I took a picture of ZAK. I made ZAK tonight after a few glasses of wine and a potent margarita. It was sort of a stupor, improv craft session that I had on the floor in the middle of my apartment.

ZAK is short for muZAK (and Zak Morris) and holds my tunes. The industrial felt that I used kind of looks and feels like rat fur, which I think gives ZAK a bit of ratty character.

ZAK keeps the tunes hawt.


I wonder what my next stupor, improve craft session will make me?

No comments: